Saturday, September 15, 2012

Explore Great Himalayan National Park - Day 1

I landed at Delhi airport at around 9.30 pm. My plan was to take the taxi and goto New Delhi Station and spend the night at the waiting room and take the morning Shatabdi to Kalka from where our tour was to begin.

I changed my decision and instead opted out to stay in a hotel booked through via.com. Hotel Ashiana is anything but an Ashiana. AC box was all broken, fortunately working. Bathroom had just an exhaust fan, which had no fan, no window.Bathroom was not clean, and worst the Keyhole was so big, that I kept a cloth hanging in front of it. The night was spent with cockroaches crawling all over the place. Not worth the Rs.1300/- I spent there to spend the night!

I met our guide Ghanshyam and other guests at Kalka Station. I had a very pleasant company in Annie and David, who were travelling with a group as part of their Indian Railway Tour.Our train reached on time and our tempo traveler too was waiting for us .

Though we were given to understand that the journey will be around 5 hours, it us almost 11 hours to reach the place, taking into account all the stoppages we made,

We could not resist but stop and enjoy the bhuttas.


Stopped for lunch at Ghiani's restaurant



Caught in the traffic jam for almost one hour.
 And finally reached the camp site, Mother's Lap at Banjaar Valley,Himachal Pradesh to retire in our cozy cottages after a simple home made dinner.

No comments: